Sunday, September 20, 2009

Interesting Blog: Explaining to Students Why Blogging is Important

One really great blog I came across while adding RSS feeds to my NING was called Sargent Math Zone. I really like this blog because it is set up by a teacher for his 8th grade class. It is great because how he is introducing his students to this technology and what sorts of notes and assignments he is going to post this school year. One particularly interesting blog is from September 14 and is titled "This is why I ask you to blog". There is a link to a great youtube video about technology is changing American society. I really like how it explains shifts in technology.

2 comments:

  1. I checked out this blog and I really like it. It shows you how a blog can be used to communicate with your students. It shows you the value of blogging and is a great example to base a blog on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.
    Yes, I agree that these are interesting sites. I added them to my Delicious account.
    Please try to embed your http sites within text. For example, you would type SARGENT PARK MATH ZONE and then highlight it and add the link via hyperlink.
    This makes your blog more reader friendly.

    ReplyDelete